TAPAN BORDOLOI AND 6 ORS Vs. STATE OF ASSAM AND ORS
HIGH COURT OF GAUHATI
Tapan Bordoloi And 6 Ors
STATE OF ASSAM AND ORS
Click here to view full judgement.
Hrishikesh Roy, J. -
(1.) Heard Mr. P.J. Phukan, the learned Counsel appearing for the petitioners. Also heard Mr. S. S. Roy, the learned Govt. Advocate representing the respondent Nos.1 4.
(2.) The petitioners were serving as Muster Roll (M.R) worker in the Jorhat East Road Division (now renamed as Jorhat Rural Road Division) and they were brought to the regular M.R. Labour category by the order dated 4.6.2004 (Annexure-A). At that stage the Executive Engineer under his communication dated 17.3.2010 (Annexure-B) mentioned about the seven LDA vacancies in the Jorhat Rural Road Division and requested for Finance Deptt's approval to fill up those vacancies. In this communication, the names of the petitioners and other employees working in the division, were indicated by the Executive Engineer.
(3.) In response, the departmental authorities in their letter dated 10.5.2010 had mentioned that the proposed promotion can be given subject to the following six condition(s) :
1. Consideration of qualification and length of service where required for giving promotion to the next higher post.
2. Maintain 10% quota for promotion of Gr.IV staff to that of Grade-III post.
3. Post to be filled up against sanction vacancy with its up-to-date retention.
4. To promote sr.most one first if not otherwise debarred.
5. Maintenance of Roster Point where applicable to be followed strictly.
6. Action to be taken as per provisions of Service Rules.;
Copyright © Regent Computronics Pvt.Ltd.