TIRTH JUGAL YETRE AND ANOTHER Vs. STATE OF MAHARASHTRA AND OTHERS
HIGH COURT OF BOMBAY
Tirth Jugal Yetre And Another
State of Maharashtra and Others
Click here to view full judgement.
B.P. Dharmadhikari, J. -
(1.) Heard Shri A.S. Kilor, learned Counsel for Petitioners, Shri H.R. Dhumale, learned Asstt. Govt. Pleader for Respondent Nos.1 to 5 and Shri A.M. Ghare, learned Counsel for Intervenors.
(2.) Shri Kilor, learned counsel for petitioners has advanced arguments in the light of earlier judgment of this Court dated 10.02.2016 in Public Interest Litigation No. 20/2015.
(3.) The matter was heard at some length on 13.11.2017 and then to avoid any technical objections, parties were put to notice that it may be finally decided on next date. On 13.11.2017, we have passed the following order:-
"Heard Shri A.S. Kilor, learned Counsel for petitioners and Ms. Mehta, learned A.G.P. for respondents. Shri A.M. Ghare, learned Counsel for intervenors.
2. Learned counsel for petitioners fairly gives no objection for allowing Civil Application No. 2297/2017 filed by Shri Ghare, learned Counsel on behalf of three applicants for intervention. Accordingly, applicants are permitted to intervene in the matter. Necessary amendment be carried out within a period of one week. Civil Application is disposed of accordingly. No costs.
3. In view of additional affidavit filed on 10.11.2017, and directions issued by the State Election Commission on 07.11.2017, learned counsel for petitioners seeks interim relief in terms of prayer clause (2). He also seeks oral leave to join State Election Commission as party respondent No. 6.
4. Learned A.G.P. as also Shri Ghare, learned counsel are opposing any intervention by this Court. Learned counsel for intervenors submits that exercise of formation of wards and their steps towards election was taken long back.
5. We find that petition has been filed on 06.09.2017 questioning notification dated 02.08.2017. This Court has issued notice in the matter on 11.09.2017 and made it returnable on 06.10.2017. On 06.10.2017, matter came to be adjourned beyond vacation.
6. In this situation we direct that further steps in the matter by respondents shall be subject to further orders of this Court.
7. List the matter for further consideration on 17.11.2017. Time to carry out deletion is extended till 17.11.2017.";
Copyright © Regent Computronics Pvt.Ltd.