TAMIL NADU HIGH & HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL Vs. COMMISSIONER
HIGH COURT OF MADRAS
Tamil Nadu High And Higher Secondary School
Click here to view full judgement.
(1.) This Public Interest Litigation has been filed by the Association on behalf of its Members, who are teachers, challenging the impugned
proceedings of the 3rd respondent, by which, named Greater Chennai
Corporation (GCC) teachers have been asked to supervise and co-
ordinate with the volunteers appointed for the purpose of Home
Isolation and Home Quarantine.
(2.) The functions meant to be performed by the Officers are extracted hereunder:-
"The above officials shall perform the following functions in respect of Home Quarantine & Isolation Management system(HQIMS).
(1) The list of Houses under Home Isolation/Home Quarantine will be shared with the Covid Response Team set up at the Division Level on a daily basis from the Head Quarters, GCC.
(2) The T.Cs/L.Is/P.Cs at the Division Level shall take this list of Houses and divide it amongst the volunteers who will be appointed for the purpose of Home Isolation/Home Quarantine door-to door monitoring.
(3) The T.Cs/L.Is/P.Cs/Teachers shall supervise the attendance and function of the volunteers on daily basis conducting regular field visits.
(4) Assessors and Teachers are at the Unit Level and AROs at the Zonal Level as indicated shall supervise the functioning of this Home Quarantine Management System on a daily basis by conducting regular field visits.
(5) A reporting format will be conveyed separately which will have to be collected from all the volunteers every day.
(6) The T.s/L.Is/Teachers shall ensure Daily Web Reporting through GCC Covid Care Portal in respect of their divisions.
(7)The T.C/L.Is/Teachers/Assessors/ AROs in co-ordination with Volunteers shall also ensure that the individuals/families in HI/HQ are assured of supply of basic such as (Medicines, provisions, etc.
(8) Repeated offenders who violate Home Isolation/Home Quarantine shall be booked under relevant sections of IPC and Disaster Management Act , 2005. The concerned TC/LI/Teachers shall submit the complaint to the Police Station for booking of FIR on such identified repeated offenders.
(9) The T.Cs/L.Is/P.Cs/Assessors/ Teachers and AROs shall work in co- ordination with each other and with the volunteers of ensure a fool-proof yet citizen friendly HQIMS to ensure that people under Home Isolation/Home Quarantine stay in their houses for the mandated period and stop the Covid transmission chain.
The above officials from Teachers Education Department GCC are co-ordinate with Police Department and GCC staffs are hereby posted in the respective divisions to co-ordinate the implementation and seamless functioning of Home Quarantine and Isolation Management System."
(3.) The learned counsel for the petitioner submitted that the named teachers being in the teaching profession cannot be used for
any other purpose. No facilities have been extended for their own
personal protection. There are other logistic issues involved including
transportation, furnishing of mask, gloves, food and rest room.;
Copyright © Regent Computronics Pvt.Ltd.